For all those interested, the WoTmud Immortal Staff is looking for new trainees to enhance and manage our beloved game.
Contrary to earlier recruitment drives we’ve had, we are now opening the floor for applications until further notice. The idea is to address our needs for new immortal trainees on constant basis based on the progress of current trainees and availability of senior immortal tutors.
All applications will be stored in a database and we will go through the open ones whenever we have a need/chance to raise a new immortal. This means that you will not be guaranteed a decision within any set timeframe. We may get back to you regarding your application very soon, but also e.g. after a couple of months when we have an opening.
You will have the opportunity to apply for any (starter) immortal position, whether your choice is build-orientated work, roleplay watcher orientated work or something in the middle. (some training will be done regarding all fields) The path of an immortal trainee will not be easy and will require quite a bit of activity and dedication. Those selected will be able to give something back to the mud, affect its future course and make this game an even greater place for us all.
The application process will be somewhat heavy and requires you to put thought into writing your application. You will recognize most parts of the application from previous runs though. Creativity and unique touch are the keys to success here.
Completed applications can be FORUM mailed to Group: WATCHERS (the watchers will forward the application to the database for everyone involved in the process to see, hence this applies for builder applications as well). Please label your application as APPLICATION: (Character name) Incomplete applications, including those that do not address each point mentioned below, will be ignored. No more than one mail accepted per player. So please make sure the application is complete before you send it.
You will receive a confirmation forum mail indicating that your application has been posted in the database for other immortals to see. After this step, you simply need to lay back and we will contact you at a suitable time should your help be needed.
1) A COMPLETE list of characters you play, their clan status and a quick background on each.
2) Please list any immortal experience you may have here at WoTmud or any other online gaming environments.
3) How long you have been at WoTmud and what brought you here.
4) Which area(s) of immortal jobs are you applying to (in order of preference please) and why you would like to become an immortal of WoTmud and the mentioned area especially.
5) Building: Please write a room description for three of the following rooms, including what mobs should be present and room keywords and descriptions. Choose from a low grade weapon shop, a stream in the forest, climbing a mountainside, a common room at the inn, a busy bazaar, a long paved road, a loud tavern, a manor foyer.
6) Questing: There are two parts to this area.
Part1: Please develop a quick proposal for a global quest all sides can participate in.
Part two: Choose a national guard clan present in WoTmud and describe a list of four quests they could do for rewards that would keep a focus on the roleplay of the clan.
7) Objects: Please write long and short descriptions for a ring, a sword and a cloak. (long description is what you see when an item is dropped on the ground, and short description is what you see when an item is worn)
8 ) Please explain a policy currently in place that you agree with and why you agree with it.
9) Please explain a policy currently in place that you disagree with and why you disagree with it. (thoroughly considered points are respected most here)
10) Choose a zone of WoTmud that you consider lacks a little life. Develop a list of small enhancements that could bring the area to life with regard to mobs, actions, conversations and atmosphere.
11) If you could add one thing (or take away) (anything to WoTmud), what would it be and why?
12) If you have applied for an immortal position before and not chosen, explain how you have developed since and what makes you more eligible now.
Please be aware that comprehensive background and IP checks will be conducted on those who will be considered for the position. Past, repeated crimes will affect negatively on your application.
Remember that there is no guarantee that advancement through the immortal ranks will happen. It will only happen to immortals who remain above reproach in WORDS AND ACTIONS and free of succumbing to the pressures of being an immortal, including anything that would benefit any mortal that should not.
This announcement may be edited, so please check back before submission. If the requirements change after a submission, we will understand if a new application is submitted.
Please note, as stated above, that we are now collecting a pool of applications with no time limit. This means that there is no guarantee you will hear back from us at any specific time. We know this can be frustrating, but the open application pool will help us keep the recruitment drive alive without unnecessary delay and will therefore eventually benefit all player here.
The Immortal Staff
(please note that this announcement may be modified)
P.S. I have copied all the immortal applications we received on the FreeForums to the official forums. If you applied before but are no longer interested, please let me know.